Summer days

Summer days
I wish everyday was a beach walk.

Monday 24 October 2011

Halloween

My daughters are funny little girls. Perhaps I am biased, but I feel like they are wise beyond their years. Or at the very least cooler than I ever was. 

When I was little between the ages of 5 and 10 years old at least, my Halloween Costume list included a ghost ( bed sheet), Strawberry Shortcake ,a frightened child ( I was too afraid to go out one year, I will not divulge the age, but I was older than 6 and younger than 8) and a Punk Rocker. Since then I have donned a bed sheet more than once.  I may have written "ghost" across the front. Or if I didn't I should have because people have asked me many times who I was. 

Yet my daughters pick the most interesting costumes. And I can't begin to describe how I did not influence these choices. For the most part I am pumped at their creativity. For example my youngest loves blue, of course Avatar would be an obvious choice. Duh Mom! I would like to say that I let them pick what they want and let their creative juices flow. But I don't. I even bribed my oldest to wear some sort of princess costume in the 3rd grade. Because lets face it, Darth Vader for a young girl seems a tad taboo? But she insisted and who am I to argue? In the end their decisions were far better than anything I could think of. Bed sheet anyone?







No comments:

Post a Comment