Summer days

Summer days
I wish everyday was a beach walk.

Monday 24 October 2011

Body vs Brain

I was never one of those people who was always fit, or even thin, or "hot". I have always been one of those people who was cute, curvy, and pretty. I envied girls who were tall and shapely in the right areas. I learned to love myself eventually and after I had my first child I put every thought into raising her and my studies. I didn't think about what I was putting into my mouth, or my physical activity. . at all. Until I seen a picture of me and I was unrecognizable to myself. I started catching glimpses of myself in the mall windows and realized I had been happy with me...up until I wasn't happy with me. I began getting up early and  doing routines in my living room and dropped the weight.  Yeah me!!

Then Baby No. 2 came along and I pretty much did the same thing. I gave every waking moment to her first 2 years of life.  Looking back I realize that maybe I could have balanced that better. 2 years ago I lost the weight, only this time I am not looking to have a "hot bod" any more, this time I am concentrating on a forever lifestyle. It's challenging.

Any mother knows that life is busy, throw in a job and extracurricular activities and it's pure hell to try and squeeze out that drop of "me" time. But I have learned that I am much more agreeable after an hour at the gym. I feel happier and lighter. My main focus is my health. Mentally and Physically the gym provides me with the stability to ...well lets face it...not go insane. This motherhood thing is rough.
Add caption


Tonight I took a fellow mom with me to the gym. It had been her first time in 7 years and she has put every ounce of herself into her two children. Every spare moment is dedicated to them.  She finally took some "me" time today.  I think she was disappointed with her appearance, and felt uncomfortable in her body ( I still think she is amazingly beautiful) and I understand her plight. Its a little bit like being in someone else's body. It feels a bit like a dream.  However, the first step is to just move your body and embrace that you did it and you did good.

There are all different shapes and sizes in this world, but in the end we have to love ourselves in order to love our kids and try to be the best of our selves that we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment